Job ID: SMR1
Do you love what you do and want to make a difference?
We have an exciting opportunity for part-time and casual Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Support Workers to join our innovative high-intensity OSHC program for children with disabilities attending Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School (Sunbury campus).
Lifely is a disability service provider with 40 years’ experience supporting people with a disability and their families. Check out our About Us page for more information.
We are proud to be part of a government-funded program providing free OSHC services to children and young people with disabilities attending specialist schools.
Remuneration commencing at SCHADS Level 2 plus salary packaging is available for permanent part-time staff to reduce the tax you pay and increase your take-home pay (as per PBI status).
Your role at a glance
Your role as an OSHC Support Worker is pivotal to the program’s success. You will assist to supervise, engage, and provide care for school-age children with disabilities, ensuring their safety and wellbeing.
- After-school care (Monday-Friday): Directly supervising children from 3 pm to 6 pm.
- School Holiday Care: You will directly supervise children during the holiday program from 9 am to 5 pm or until the last child is collected.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience, study or lived experience in child services, education, or disabilities
- Passion for child development and education
- Strong ethics, child safety awareness, and work health and safety knowledge
- Adaptability, flexibility, and resilience in the face of change
Perfect for workers, students and carers with skills in teaching, disability, community services, allied health and early childhood. Applicants with lived experience are also encouraged to apply.
You must be willing to provide the following prior to starting work:
Download the OSHC Support Worker Position Description
How to Apply:
- Job Ad Number: SMR1
- Application letter addressing the selection criteria listed in the position description.
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Work Visa (e.g., birth certificate, passport, visa, etc.)
For further information, please contact Lochlan Tobin (Human Resources) on 1300 799 421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lifely is an equal opportunity employer, a Child Safe organisation and upholds zero tolerance to abuse and neglect. We promote the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.