Residential Support Workers
Do you love working with people living with a disability?
Do you thrive in a challenging environment?
Do you want to work for a successful, highly regarded, and well-established local disability service provider?
We are expanding our Supported Independent Living (SIL) in Bendigo and are seeking a team of dedicated, passionate, and committed Residential Support Workers to provide direct care to our Supported Independent Living Participants with complex support needs.
The successful candidates will be part of a team providing 24/7 individual support and care to Participants, contributing to a person-centred care model that goes above and beyond. Every day you will be making a positive difference and building a relationship with a Participant. You’ll be given ongoing personal and professional development opportunities in a positive and supportive workplace culture.
Part-time employees are required for a minimum of 30 hours per fortnight and Residential Support Workers receive five weeks annual leave. The team provides supports during the hours of 3pm to 10am, including sleepovers (minimum 2 nights per fortnight), weekends and some morning only sessions (7am to 10am).
Remuneration commencing at $30.46 per hour for part-time employees plus salary packaging. As a charity organisation, permanent staff are entitled to salary packaging which reduces the tax you pay and increases the money in your pocket (as per PBI status). Lifely also provides an Employee Assistance Program to support our team with mental health and wellbeing concerns affecting their work or home life.
The ideal candidates for these positions will have:
- Lived personal experience and/or paid employment experience in disability, aged care, individual support, home and community care or similar fields. A qualification in a relevant field is valuable however not essential for the role.
- Strong ethics and a genuine approach towards participant dignity and safety and Work Health and Safety.
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and ability to respond positively to change.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Well-developed conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Dedication to their job and their team.
- Good presentation and a professional attitude.
- Suitable availability complimenting the residential support lines.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A letter of application addressing the selection criteria in the Position Description
- A current resume that includes contact details for three professional referees
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Eligibility to Work Visa
- A completed availability form
For further information, please contact Human Resources on (03) 5441 1599 or email@example.com.
Lifely is an equal opportunity employer, a Child Safe organization and upholds zero tolerance to abuse and neglect. We promote the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
* Appointment is conditional upon clear NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Screening Check clearance, current Working with Children Check, COVID-19 Vaccination certificate (including booster) and reference checks. We will also require current First Aid and CPR certificates along with a driver licence and comprehensive car insurance.