Do you love working with people living with a disability?
Do you thrive in a challenging environment?
Do you want to work for a successful, highly regarded, and well-established local disability service provider?
We are expanding our Supported Independent Living (SIL) in Bendigo and Mildura and seeking a team of dedicated, passionate, and committed Residential Support Workers to provide direct care to our Supported Independent Living Participants with complex support needs.
The successful candidates will be part of a team providing 24/7 individual support and care to Participants, contributing to a person-centred care model that goes above and beyond. Every day you will be making a positive difference and building a relationship with a Participant. You’ll be given ongoing personal and professional development opportunities in a positive and supportive workplace culture.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing organisation. Remuneration commencing at $28.40 per hour part-time employees plus salary packaging to reduce the tax you pay and increase your take-home pay (as per PBI status). Part-time employees are required for a minimum of 30 hours per fortnight and Residential Support Workers receive five weeks annual leave.
The ideal candidates for these positions will have:
- A qualification or experience in Disability Services/Aged Care/Individual Support/Home and Community Care or similar field. Applicants with lived experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong ethics and genuine approach towards participant dignity and safety and Work Health and Safety.
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and respond positively to change.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Well-developed conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Dedication to their job and their team.
- Good presentation and a professional attitude.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must submit the following to email@example.com.
- A letter of application addressing the selection criteria in the Position Description
- A current resume that includes contact details for three professional referees
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Eligibility to Work Visa
- A completed availability form
- Residential Support Worker November 2021 (Mildura or Bendigo)
- Availability Form
For further information, please contact Human Resources on (03) 5441 1599 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lifely is an equal opportunity employer, a Child Safe organization and upholds zero tolerance to abuse and neglect. We promote the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
* Appointment is conditional upon clear NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Screening Check clearance, current Working with Children Check, COVID-19 Vaccination certificate (including booster) and reference checks. We will also require current First Aid and CPR certificates along with a driver licence and comprehensive car insurance.